The last past 3 days I was assisting in clinic; I am still in training and on January 26th I am doing my own clinic with a translator (to be followed) I learn so much in clinic work in the last days…
Yesterday we saw about 5 new cases and 10 follow ups (all AIDS patients). I am amazed to see that all the follow up patients are doing great and they all say that the homeopathic remedy help them!!! Most of the AIDS patients comes in with a long history of diagnosis of HIV and used of ARV’s (antiretroviral drugs). And most of them come to homeopathy for a relief of their symptoms. Taking ARV’s is not a cure and most of the time it’s creating some other discomforts (side effects). Yes they are still alive because of it but their health is not quite good. Compare to the west, here Aids patients have only 1 or 2 choices of ARV’s. If one stop acting after a while, which it’s evidently happening, then they have only one more option; then after that nothing much could be done. Despite the fact that those drugs are available some don't have the money to get to them (transporatation). Most African people don’t even have money to eat or to send their children at school… it’s really horrible to see and hear all the stories and reality of those pore peoples. Aids really causes a real social/economical damage here, unbelievable!!! I know that even in America, someone diagnosed with HIV is going thru some sort of trauma/drama, but at least there is some support and help! Here, most people loose their friends and family because of their status. Stories like that I heard almost everyday in clinics… A great book on the subject and that every one should read is: “Stories of AIDS in Africa” by Stephanie Nolen, walker 2007.

1 comment:
I send you my thoughts and prayers for healing in the lives of the people who come to you for help.
Post a Comment